The adjustment of ink hue is an important task before printing, and it is also a very abstract task. The three primary colors of simple pigments, yellow, magenta, cyan, can be matched with dozens of colors such as red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, and purple. In the actual blending process, the colors obtained by the three primary color inks alone cannot be obtained. This is because the pigments and dyes selected by the ink manufacturers simply cannot meet the saturation, color density, brightness, etc. of the three primary colors of the international standard. The three-part primary color ink phase Plus can only be tea gray, not black. Therefore, black ink, white ink, thinner and other inks and auxiliaries are indispensable in the actual toning process.
1. Grasp the ink system, color, color saturation, viscosity, fineness and other indicators.
2. Review the sample sheets and customer requirements, process requirements, hue requirements, and ink usage requirements, and have an in-depth understanding of the color sequence arrangement of each color group, the number of prints of the product, the amount of ink, and the deployment of main colors.
3. The solubility of the thinner and the ink resin, the temperature deviation and the ratio of the thinner are related. If the temperature is high, the thinner should be a slow-drying type. At the same time, the dissolution effect and the volatilization speed also play a very important role in the printing quality of the product, so the appropriate diluent should be selected according to the relevant conditions.
4. The ink and thinner should be prepared before printing.
5. During the short period of starting the overprinting, the primary color ink should be properly used according to the color matching, and the ratio should be grasped, and the hue of each color group ink should be adjusted according to the sample. After the printing speed is stable, a slight adjustment can achieve the sample effect. . In normal printing, batch control of the same hue is more difficult for ink adjusters. For example, the amount of thinner added will affect the color effect to varying degrees, which requires ink adjusters to have a strong sense of responsibility.
Precautions for ink adjustment
1. When the color tone meets the requirements, the fewer types of inks used, the easier it is to deploy and control. If you can use secondary color inks, do not use multi-color inks. According to the subtractive color method, the more colors used in spot color inks, the lower the saturation and the corresponding increase in black components.
2. Confirm the main color and the auxiliary color of the printed matter. The main color ink is used as the basic ink, and the other inks are used as the color ink. The basic ink is the main color and the color ink is the auxiliary. In this way, the allocation of spot color inks will be faster and more accurate. .
3. When mixing proofing and sample inks, try to use the same paper as the paper used for printing, because the color of the ink will vary with factors such as the difference in paper absorbency. Only by maintaining a stable paper quality can color errors caused by paper differences be avoided.
4. Use ordinary white cardboard to make a sample or scratch sample. The thickness of the ink layer will directly affect the color of the ink. If the ink layer is thin, the color will be lighter and the brightness will be high. Solid or network cable, wet pressed or wet pressed dry, large or small amount of powder sprayed, flatness and whiteness of the paper surface, and thickness of the ink layer will cause the color difference.
5. To adjust the spot color ink, you must first adjust the saturated hue of the ink, print a thin sample, confirm that the main color and auxiliary color are not missing, and then use the thinner to adjust to the desired spot color.
6. Factors affecting the color of spot inks also include printing process, water volume, ink volume control, vehicle speed, and printing equipment. Printing and its rules should be grasped to ensure product quality. Mastering the deployment of spot color inks, the control of ink consumption, and the full use of residual ink, etc., not only saves materials, but also improves personal quality and technical level accordingly. An excellent ink blender plays an important role in the development of new inks, color innovation, and ink cost reduction.