The full name of the anilox roller is the anilox transfer roller. It is a very fine and important part of the flexographic ink transfer part. What is the specific function of the anilox roller? What are the parameters describing the anilox roll? And how should the anilox roller be used and maintained?
1. The structure and type of anilox roll
From the perspective of the surface structure of the anilox roller body, it is mainly composed of two parts: the cell and the mesh wall; from the structure of the anilox roller, it is mainly composed of the roller core, the base material and the surface coating. The commonly used material for the base layer is electroplated copper, which is the basis for making the anilox roll mesh and mesh wall; the surface coating is made of chromium or ceramics, which mainly improves the wear resistance of the anilox roll and prevents the solvent from corroding the base copper layer. According to the different coatings on the surface of the anilox roller, it can be divided into chrome-plated metal anilox rollers and ceramic anilox rollers. From the comparison of engraving accuracy, printing power, and ink transfer and release performance, ceramic anilox rollers have more advantages, so enterprises Ceramic anilox rolls are more used. Metal anilox roll processing process: metal roll base → copper plating → engraving → chrome-plated ceramic anilox roll processing process: metal roll base → copper plating → engraving → sandblasting → ceramic material spraying → polishing metal roll base → coating Ceramic material→polishing→laser engraving because chrome plating or spraying ceramics after engraving will reduce the cell volume of the anilox roll, and the method of spraying ceramics and then laser engraving can better ensure the accuracy of the anilox roll cells. This is also ceramic One of the reasons why anilox rolls are more widely used.
2. Describe the parameters of the anilox roller The role of the anilox roller is to transfer ink quantitatively and evenly to the graphic part of the printing plate. Whether the anilox roller can transfer ink quantitatively, evenly and accurately depends on the parameters of the anilox roller.
1. Cell shape cell shapes are quadrangular pyramid, quadrangular pyramid, hexagonal pyramid, spiral and so on. At present, most of the quadrangular pyramid-shaped cells exist on the metal anilox roller and are completed by electronic engraving technology; the hexagonal pyramid-shaped cells mostly exist on the ceramic anilox roller and are made by laser engraving. Compared with the quadrangular pyramid Holes have the characteristics of storing more ink and better ink transfer and release performance.
2. The number of anilox lines The number of anilox lines is different from the number of dot lines. It is defined as the number of cells per unit length along the axial direction of the anilox roll, and the unit is line/inch or line/cm. Another difference between the number of screen lines and the number of dot lines is that there is no direct correspondence between the number of screen lines and the clarity of the printed graphics, but it affects the quality of the printed graphics.
3. The anilox roll made by electronic engraving method can engrave 30 o, 45 o, and 60 o meshes respectively because of the different engraving knife angles. Laser engraving usually engraves the mesh with 60 o regular six deformation. hole.
4. Cell opening, depth, and degree of opening Cell opening refers to the width of the opening on the surface of the cell, usually represented by b; cell depth refers to the depth of the cell, usually represented by H; the opening degree of the cell refers to The percentage of cell depth (H) to cell opening (b) is usually between 23% and 33%, and the best is 28%.
5. Cell volume cell volume refers to the total amount of ink that can be held per unit surface area of the anilox roll, and the unit is BCM/in2 (B-Billion; C-Cubic; M-Micro). It is a parameter that reflects the ink storage capacity of the anilox roller, converted to domestic units, 1BCM/in2=1.55cm3/m2.
3. Maintenance of anilox roller
The anilox roller is the most precise part of the flexographic printing machine, and careful attention to maintenance during daily use is an important part of extending the service life of the anilox roller.
1. Use the anilox roller protective cover when storing the anilox roller. Using the anilox roller protective cover, on the one hand, has a better cushioning and vibration absorption effect, and on the other hand, it can keep the surface of the anilox roller clean.
2. Detect ink viscosity and clean the anilox roller in time. Anilox roller clogging is caused by the nature of the ink itself, such as too fast drying; on the other hand, it is the cause of cleaning, such as incomplete cleaning or untimely cleaning. Therefore, it is important to keep the ink viscosity constant during the printing process. When cleaning the anilox roller, it is important to use cleaning methods with less damage to the anilox roller and timely cleaning.
3. Use high-quality scraper and magnetic filter. Use high-quality scraper and control the pressure between the scraper and the anilox roller. If conditions permit, put a magnetic filter in the ink tank to reduce the impurity particles in the ink. Reduce the abrasion of the anilox roller and prolong its service life.
4. Use a mesh microscope to check the cells regularly. Use a mesh microscope to check the cells regularly. If scratches or blockages are found on the anilox roller, take immediate measures to deal with it.